Problem with Internet Explorer

Computer hardware, software and other technology related topics.

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Aliens on Sat Aug 09, 2008 02:23

Even though the customization seems to be a big thing for everyone with firefox I prefer to just use the normal version.
Runs better imo and looks good enough.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind
User avatar
 
Posts: 5931
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 01:20
Location: No, just a robot

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby samuelmonaghan_aussie on Sat Aug 09, 2008 03:18

KnightofBane wrote:firefox is really not any safer than IE7

http://www.firefoxmyths.com

note that most of those are for firefox 2 so some mightve been fixed

but yeah I do feel safer when i use firefox, but i don't think it is. mindfuckery




samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:
I personally prefer Firefox because i love the look and i feel a lot safer using it, and its a lot more customizable.
Mr Smith wrote:Can we still say cunt even if Chill is still here?

samuelmonaghan_aussie
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind
User avatar
 
Posts: 6102
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 09:51
Location: Whyalla bru

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby kob on Sat Aug 09, 2008 04:01

samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:
KnightofBane wrote:firefox is really not any safer than IE7

http://www.firefoxmyths.com

note that most of those are for firefox 2 so some mightve been fixed

but yeah I do feel safer when i use firefox, but i don't think it is. mindfuckery




samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:
I personally prefer Firefox because i love the look and i feel a lot safer using it, and its a lot more customizable.

kob
CyberDemon
CyberDemon
User avatar
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Location: [SLAMMIN' INTENSIFIES]
Highscores: 1

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby itsmedan on Mon Aug 11, 2008 19:25

its good you actually looked it up, but most of those links are about the memory usage of the explorers... and btw one link you provided showed FF2 using less memory with the same ammount of tabs open as explorer. On top of that, he said he favored opera, which he didnt bother showing results for. But memory usage is not what our initial argument was about KoB, so lets not stray from that topic.

Also, lets introduce sites that people are not just gonna wonder about. The first one will say how fast it is compared to IE7, and the rest just go on about why exactly FF2 is better than IE7.

::EDIT:: oh btw, dont try proving a point with a website that is fire fox myths... it only shows someone is a fanboy, and a fanboy that lacks hte knowledge to understand security.


http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/ ... _benc.html
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-10442_7-66 ... l?tag=lnav
http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB ... ?mod=blogs
http://reviews.cnet.com/browsers/intern ... 11537.html
http://www.pcworld.com/article/127309/r ... etter.html
http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/feature/fran ... 209938.php
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Blow my fucking brains out
Pretty patterns
On the floor

itsmedan
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
User avatar
 
Posts: 3597
Joined: Sun Apr 16, 2006 07:59

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Aliens on Mon Aug 11, 2008 21:05

Who cares about FF2?
It's all about 3.

Aliens
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind
User avatar
 
Posts: 5931
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 01:20
Location: No, just a robot

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Chapstick on Mon Aug 11, 2008 21:23

Actually, it's all about Opera Mobile 9.5 beta. 8)
People said I was dumb, but I proved them!

Chapstick
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell
User avatar
 
Posts: 3665
Joined: Thu May 01, 2003 05:29
Location: Eye of the North

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby kob on Mon Aug 11, 2008 22:05

itsmedan wrote:[color=#FF00FF]its good you actually looked it up, but most of those links are about the memory usage of the explorers... and btw one link you provided showed FF2 using less memory with the same ammount of tabs open as explorer. On top of that, he said he favored opera, which he didnt bother showing results for. But memory usage is not what our initial argument was about KoB, so lets not stray from that topic.


memory usage is extensively relevant to my argument. why would I use a program that hogs more memory, which in time will slow down my computer significantly?

and let me just soak this up for a bit. you just told me not to stray from topic when you fucking originally derailed the argument talking about your retarded friend's PC. the argument was originally about MY COMPUTER however you derailed it and made it a general thing so don't even pull the irrelevant card because you're being a hypocrite by saying so.


::EDIT:: oh btw, dont try proving a point with a website that is fire fox myths... it only shows someone is a fanboy, and a fanboy that lacks hte knowledge to understand security.


did you ever stop to think that everything you just listed might be fanboyism as well? the fanboy argument doesn't work anymore. if this is your argument you're mistaken entirely because just about everything can be called fanboyism.

I don't see any fanboyism in the firefoxmyths site, either. he clearly says "No I do not hate Firefox." he only calls it an average browser with good extensions because... well, that's what it is.

did you know that 5 hours after firefox 3 came out there was already security issues? yeah. supreme browser my ass.

hte knowledge to understand security.


honestly, what is there to understand? even an incompetent retard could understand it. the site gives you sources and examples of everything. simply reading the articles is enough. I didn't know you had to read the article sub-conciously to find a hidden meaning and hire private investigators to understand the concept which is oh so clearly obvious.

kob
CyberDemon
CyberDemon
User avatar
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Location: [SLAMMIN' INTENSIFIES]
Highscores: 1

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby OBrocks on Tue Aug 12, 2008 13:40

VICTOR FROM THE BLUE TEAM

LEAVE THE ARENA NOW

AND REST

YOU'VE EARNED IT
Image
samuelmonaghan_aussie wrote:damn right im fascinated about gay sex
Gordon Frohman wrote:I, Gordon Frohman, am racist.

OBrocks
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind
User avatar
 
Posts: 8429
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 00:27
Highscores: 1

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Lord Rameon on Thu Aug 14, 2008 18:36

you got to go back to dialup aol from the 90's. now that was good times, SO STOP BITCHING ABOUT A MEASLY 4 SECONDS.

Jesus Christ you people keep improving the computer hundredfold every week and your still not happy? I may just go outside for this and play with a fox and light it on fire. HOW'S THAT SOUND??

(prefer opera, but FF over IE anyday)

Lord Rameon
Pinky Demon
Pinky Demon
User avatar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 03:51

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby kob on Thu Aug 14, 2008 22:42

I never had aol

gtfo

kob
CyberDemon
CyberDemon
User avatar
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Location: [SLAMMIN' INTENSIFIES]
Highscores: 1

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Lord Rameon on Thu Aug 14, 2008 22:45

You missed out on the fun, you could of had dinner before xanga would finish loading.

Lord Rameon
Pinky Demon
Pinky Demon
User avatar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 03:51

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby kob on Fri Aug 15, 2008 04:17

where can I get this aol

kob
CyberDemon
CyberDemon
User avatar
 
Posts: 11961
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Location: [SLAMMIN' INTENSIFIES]
Highscores: 1

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Lord Rameon on Fri Aug 15, 2008 05:00

Al Gore stole it and the rest of the 90's internets and replaced it with Full House and Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Lord Rameon
Pinky Demon
Pinky Demon
User avatar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 03:51

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Cowardly on Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:25

I like internet explorer.

Cowardly
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind
User avatar
 
Posts: 6092
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2006 16:54
Location: Canis Latrans. Super Genius.
Highscores: 1

Re: Problem with Internet Explorer

Postby Lord Rameon on Sat Aug 16, 2008 04:52

Chill wrote:I like internet explorer.


Image

Lord Rameon
Pinky Demon
Pinky Demon
User avatar
 
Posts: 412
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2008 03:51

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware, software & technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest