Problem with video card maybe?

Computer hardware, software and other technology related topics.

Re: Problem with video card maybe?

Postby Mr. Smith on Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:40

did you download stalker online?
burnfire88 wrote:I need a man that can make me squirt.

OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents

Ransom wrote:the sandwich minority

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind

Postby Gordon Frohman on Mon Feb 28, 2011 20:45

Saladin wrote:It doesn't sound normal, that's for sure. I don't know what my card temp averages at during an intense game, but it definitely isn't that high.

It sounds like STALKER is overheating the shit out of your video card, why I have no idea.

I'd recommend googling the problem, I doubt you'd be the first person to run into it.

But it doesn't seem to be a hardware issue if you have indeed run games that are more graphics intensive. Keep in mind that video cards rarely break, it's far more likely that it's just STALKER being weird for whatever reason. Possibly some conflict with drivers or perhaps the version you're using is weird and you need to update.

Google it, I bet someone has had this happen to them before.

Did you check the screenie I posted above? I reinstalled and that was what I was greeted with.

I think it all went downhill when I downloaded the latest nVidia drivers... hasn't been the same since. I tried different ones (well, one different one) and it still gave me the problem. It's weird because as I said, other games work great. Which leads me to believe STALKER is just fucking up... but then again, this has never happened before and my temp is really high. Dunno what to do, may just take it up to the shop to have it looked at.

I have already googled it, there aren't many people with this problem and the ones that do are slightly different than mine.

Gordon Frohman
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind

Postby Gordon Frohman on Mon Feb 28, 2011 21:25

OKAY

I started a new game and found that by jumping, I am spawned in the ground when I start a new game. When I get above ground, everything is displayed okay, except I can't move. That means it's not a video card problem right?

Gordon Frohman
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind

Postby Saladin on Mon Feb 28, 2011 22:16

What the dick man, that's really weird.

Uninstall the game and then go to the STALKER folder in Program Files and delete the whole damn folder. THEN reinstall the game. Keep in mind that if you installed mods, they stay there even after you uninstall the game. Then, when you reinstall, they'll still be there but in incomplete form, which probably fucked things up.

If that doesn't fix it, I'm not sure what to tell you.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind

Postby Gordon Frohman on Mon Feb 28, 2011 22:32

That's what I did when I uninstalled it yesterday. I think that may have gotten rid of the artifacts, but I suppose I could try it again.

Gordon Frohman
Spider Mastermind
Spider Mastermind

Postby itsmedan on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:36

i know this has been a while, but im pretty sure its a problem with the mods Frohman. With my old 7600 GT during some games my screen would lock up and finally start working again with artifacts all over the screen. What kinda GPU do you have?
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Blow my fucking brains out
Pretty patterns
On the floor

itsmedan
Baron of Hell
Baron of Hell

Previous

Return to Hardware, software & technology