Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Computer hardware, software and other technology related topics.
User avatarQuack
Baron of Hell
 
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 03:59
Location: Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Tue Aug 16, 2011 02:50

Twelve and a half BILLION MONEYS.
My BF was swiping through news on his iphun when he came across this.
Says google bought out motorola's cell phone division today. BF told me it makes sense because Motorola phones have used google software before.
What doesnt make sense, he says, is where the hell is google coming up with this kind of money. I said ads, but that can't get ya this much moola. Plus google has a shit ton of employees that they have to pay.

Anywho, big news.
Discuss:
kewl new google Motorola phones
& how does google make money?
_________________________________________________________________
Saladin wrote:Either that or a lot of people are looking for a forum about Portal and are sadly disappointed.

User avatarkob
CyberDemon
 
Posts: 12163
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2004 14:40
Location: get slam'd

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Tue Aug 16, 2011 02:54

uhh

because google is one of the biggest companies in the world?

?????????

i dont see anything of importance coming from google buying motorola

User avatarQuack
Baron of Hell
 
Posts: 4655
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 03:59
Location: Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Tue Aug 16, 2011 02:59

KnightofBane wrote:because google is one of the biggest companies in the world
:snare:
That doesn't answer my question of how does google make money.
Originally google was just a search engine. How do they make profit if they don't sell anything?
_________________________________________________________________
Saladin wrote:Either that or a lot of people are looking for a forum about Portal and are sadly disappointed.

User avatarAliens
Spider Mastermind
 
Posts: 5948
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2007 01:20
Location: No, just a robot

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Tue Aug 16, 2011 06:24

"How does Google make money? What is driving Google's growth?

Today, the majority of our revenue comes from advertising.

Advertisers are increasingly turning to the Internet to market their products and services. Google AdWords, our auction-based advertising program, enables advertisers to deliver relevant ads targeted to search queries or web content to potential customers across Google sites and through the Google Network, which consists of content owners and websites. Our proprietary technology automatically matches ads to the content of the page on which they appear, and advertisers pay us either when a user clicks on one of its ads or based on the number of times their ads appear on the Google Network.

We distribute our advertisers' AdWords ads for display on the Google Network through our AdSense program. We share most of the revenue generated from ads shown on a site of a Google Network member with that member.

You can learn more about AdWords and AdSense here."


http://investor.google.com/corporate/faq.html

User avatarAchilles
Spider Mastermind
 
Posts: 5759
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 04:22
Location: Newport Beach, California. U.S.

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Tue Aug 16, 2011 14:21

Stabbeh gets the, "Just fucking google it." Badge. :P
Fasbook

Achilles wrote: You were always a cartoonist Ransom... unrealistic.

User avatarJon0101
Mancubus
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 02:46
Location: The Momiji is apathetic bout yo face.

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Tue Aug 16, 2011 16:24

I WANT THAT BADGE!!!!!!!!


I JUST GOOGGLED "HOW DOES GOOGLE MAKE MONEY"

http://www.dailycommonsense.com/how-doe ... ake-money/

THIS IS THE LINK that shows how Google makes money with you and me.



Also now they make money selling phones and have a nuclear war base of patents.
Hi! I like fun, and I like posting stuff, and I'm a information addict.
Quack wrote:Daylight Savings is a sale

User avatarsamuelmonaghan_aussie
Spider Mastermind
 
Posts: 6102
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 09:51
Location: Whyalla bru

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Fri Aug 19, 2011 08:06

Jon0101 wrote:I WANT THAT BADGE!!!!!!!!


I JUST GOOGGLED "HOW DOES GOOGLE MAKE MONEY"

http://www.dailycommonsense.com/how-doe ... ake-money/

THIS IS THE LINK that shows how Google makes money with you and me.



Also now they make money selling phones and have a nuclear war base of patents.

stabbeh wins

dont even try
Mr Smith wrote:Can we still say cunt even if Chill is still here?

User avatarJon0101
Mancubus
 
Posts: 1515
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 02:46
Location: The Momiji is apathetic bout yo face.

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Sat Aug 20, 2011 03:54

Noooooooooooo!!!!!
Oh I'm never going to get my google badge. I'll never be a true internet-scout!!!
It's the last one I need too!
Hi! I like fun, and I like posting stuff, and I'm a information addict.
Quack wrote:Daylight Savings is a sale

User avatarsamuelmonaghan_aussie
Spider Mastermind
 
Posts: 6102
Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 09:51
Location: Whyalla bru

Re: Google buys Motorola for $12,500,000,000

Sat Aug 20, 2011 05:57

Jon0101 wrote:Noooooooooooo!!!!!
Oh I'm never going to get my google badge. I'll never be a true internet-scout!!!
It's the last one I need too!

the cool-o-meter is off the charts
Mr Smith wrote:Can we still say cunt even if Chill is still here?

Return to Hardware, software & technology

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests