Ransom
CyberDemon

Terran Gameplay Video

Post by Ransom » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:19

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x/11128/S ... y+Video+#2

Couple of notable things:
-There are some units that can fire on the move
-Area-of-effect projectiles

Two things that the first game didn't do, at least. Also that Thor is a hilariously bad attempt at mimicking SupCom's experimentals.

and what the hell why are they making that supply depot strategy an official thing now that function as gates, that is ridiculous and retarded and retardidiculous

why not just have, I don't know, BUILDABLE WALLS

fuck you blizzard

Saladin
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PS4 PS3 Wii Wii-U PC

Re: Terran Gameplay Video

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 05:54

Old news.

Saw the video a while ago, wasn't that impressed either. IMO, there's no way they can top the original. Even with this "ship politics" feature that sounds oh-so tempting.
Quack wrote:ok but so now what do I do besides masturbate

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Tue Sep 18, 2007 06:55

It hardly qualifies as old news, it was released all of five days ago.

Anyway, topping the original wouldn't be a problem for a company of Blizzard's resources. It's not even especially good by today's standards. The problem is they're not even trying to.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 18:17

Well I saw that exact same video over two weeks ago if it's the one I'm thinking of. :P

Perhaps you've never played the original online, it's one of the best strategy games there is. Even by modern standards it's still excellent, which is one of the main reasons it still has so many players even after it being released like ten years ago.

Ransom
CyberDemon

Post by Ransom » Tue Sep 18, 2007 18:43

Really? I guess you saw it before Blizzard officially put it on their site.

And man, of course I've played it online. What Starcraft did that was so great is that it introduced sides that were asymmetrical yet balanced in an otherwise pretty standard RTS formula, and the reason it's retained its popularity is because nothing's done it better. So sure, it's pretty much the best classic RTS on the market.

But RTS as a genre moved beyond that style of gameplay years ago. There's certainly a place for it, but what I'm saying is a new game in that fashion is not only regressive, it's redundant.

Saladin
Spider Mastermind

Post by Saladin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 21:14

Right right I see your point now. I agree totally, following this format, the only thing they can do is dumb down the game (I.E. WC3) or make it immensely more complicated. Which wouldn't help considering the original is already complicated.

Also, they seem to basing the game around strategies that experts developed in the previous titles (SCV raids, Supply Depot wall etc.) rather than actually just making a good and well balanced game and letting players think up clever things.

Plus I think a lot of the new units themselves are dumb and don't fit well into the game. That and I think the game has bad visuals. Most of the units are unacceptably ugly.

Oh geez, that just killed any excitement that I had for this one.

itsmedan
Baron of Hell

Post by itsmedan » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:01

i wouldnt say its the best classic rts..
Put the gun
In my mouth
Close your eyes
Blow my fucking brains out
Pretty patterns
On the floor

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Sun Sep 23, 2007 05:14

I'm still excited about SC2 since Brood War wasn't an acceptable ending to the franchise.

The gameplay looks pretty fun, I like the Protoss videos too with those Colossus dudes. Cool stuff, Im really anxious to see the Zerg models and buildings in decent graphics as well. I agree with you Saladin, SC is a great strategy game (mostly online) even for its old date.

It's going to be hard to compete with other RTS games out right now like C&C3, DoW: DC and SupCom. 3 races is pretty limited but then again it's StarCraft. As long as they focus on the strategy part of it and unit balancing then it will be an awesome game, despite it's clunky appearance. The graphics look pretty nice but some things look like they need to be polished a little.

And I think Blizzard said that none of these demos or videos are going to be final yet so some of the content may change before it's release. I just hope it has something innovative and keeps it's fun factor up, even on bnet as well. 8)

kob
CyberDemon
Consoles: PS3 - PC

Post by kob » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:45

i don't need your stinkin' training

Mr. Smith
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: 360, PC, Apple Faggot Machine

Post by Mr. Smith » Tue Feb 24, 2009 16:51

Fucking Sam!
OBrocks wrote:i need to know if ill actually be getting a penis pump in the mail so i can prepare an explanation for my parents
Saladin wrote:I do not want to play two truths and a lie with Smith.
Quack wrote:PF BATTLE ROYALE 2015: EVERYONE DRAWS SALADIN LICKING HIS OWN BUTTHOLE

burnfire88
Spider Mastermind
Consoles: PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS

Post by burnfire88 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 21:18

Fucking Sam!
OB_rocks13 wrote:Chill

As soon as you become mod, ban ransom for a day

if you have the balls to do it

samuelmonaghan_aussie
Spider Mastermind

Post by samuelmonaghan_aussie » Mon Sep 28, 2009 01:45

I hate myself
Mr Smith wrote:Can we still say cunt even if Chill is still here?

Julianos
Baron of Hell

Post by Julianos » Mon Sep 28, 2009 01:51

Holy shitfucks sam
Epic entrance by the way

youdiedtooeasily
Baron of Hell
Consoles: PC, PS3

Post by youdiedtooeasily » Wed Sep 30, 2009 19:49

My name is Tassadar, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, terran who spend every second of their day building stupid-ass supply depots. You are everything bad in this galaxy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any carriers? I mean, I guess it’s fun killing Zerg because of your own lack of technology, but you all take it to a whole new planet. Don’t be a ghost. Just hit me with your best shot. You’ll never get past my photon cannons. I was injured fighting the dark templar and now utilize a Dragoon for transport. What do you do, other than “jack off to the picture of the chick who flies a Valkyrie”? I also haven’t even depleted my vespene gas, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO mineral). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

HEATBLASTER

Post by HEATBLASTER » Wed Oct 07, 2009 16:23

youdiedtooeasily wrote:My name is Tassadar, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, terran who spend every second of their day building stupid-ass supply depots. You are everything bad in this galaxy. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any carriers? I mean, I guess it’s fun killing Zerg because of your own lack of technology, but you all take it to a whole new planet. Don’t be a ghost. Just hit me with your best shot. You’ll never get past my photon cannons. I was injured fighting the dark templar and now utilize a Dragoon for transport. What do you do, other than “jack off to the picture of the chick who flies a Valkyrie”? I also haven’t even depleted my vespene gas, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; Shit was SO mineral). You are all faggots who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.
YO DUDE NEVER STOP BLASTIN'
BLASTIN' HEAT